Thursday, June 3, 2010

Auspicious beginnings

John Paul II left a message for those of us that have allowed their fears from time to time to stifle their creative spark, or for one reason of the other have let the responses of others to those attempts to express ourselves mute our voices. He said, "Be not afraid." They are not original words, one can find the same sentiment written elsewhere, but somehow, given a lifetime of circumstances that challenged and shaped him, the words carry the weight of experience.

With that short phrase, ringing in my heart and mind, I'm launching out into the depths of blogger land, to write those words pushing against the bars I've put around them, as they seek a spot to present themselves to the great unknown. Surrendering to the unknown is always scary, so I remind myself, though the future, that which lies beyond the bend, will always remain unknown, I know the one who holds my future and therefore, I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment